It is almost summer 2008, which means it's time for my new book, THE ART OF KEEPING SECRETS to come out. It also means heat-n-humidity (that's one word here in the south), baseball, and kids begging me to take them to do "something fun."
In the midst of creating "summer fun," I am excited about THE ART OF KEEPING SECRETS. I am honored that Romantic Times chose THE ART OF KEEPING SECRETS as their June Top Pick, and that Booklist said (about this novel) "Henry gently draws readers into her books and keeps them fully engaged...." Years ago, I said I wanted to write a book about a woman who started an entirely new life. Little did I know the novel would end up being about the things we believe in – and how we continue to believe in them --- even in the face of adversity. And, in the words of Forrest Gump – "that's all I have to say about that." You'll have to discover the rest by reading this new novel.
My BEACH BOUND BOOK TOUR (see schedule below) will take me to many old haunts and some new locations that I am looking forward to visiting. Please come out and meet me on these stops. Despite rumor, book tours are not glamorous and I just thrive on friendly faces and smiles. We can talk about my story, or yours, or anything you want!
Along the way, my publisher will be giving away an absolutely gorgeous "Memory Jar," which is full of shell soaps. You can then fill the jar with your own memories (this will make much more sense after you read the novel). At each bookstore, we will give away a jar. Even if you stop by just to enter to win, you can pretend you came to see me!
If you're near Atlanta on June 2nd, come on out for a pre-release launch party, which will benefit something dear to my heart -- scholarships for children to take writing classes at the Literature Center at the Margaret Mitchell House (details below).
Before I sign off, I want to thank every single one of you who have sent me your beautiful notes, cards and emails. My heart is full of your beautiful words. I also cannot express my gratitude enough for those of you who come to events, signings and readings. There are a million blessings in the writing life -- but all of you are counted among the top.
Since a solo plane crash killed her husband two years ago, Annabelle Murphy has found solace in raising her two children. Just when she thinks the grief is behind her, she receives the news that the wreckage of the plane has been discovered -- and that her husband did not die alone. He was with another woman. Suddenly Annabelle is forced to question everything she once held true.
Sofie Milstead knows the woman who was on that plane. A dolphin researcher who has lived a quiet life, Sofie has never let anyone get too close. But when Annabelle shows up on Sofie's doorstep full of painful questions, both women must confront their intertwining pasts...and find the courage they need to face the truth.
-Click here to read an excerpt. -Click here to pre-order your copy.
You and your best friend are invited to share or hold on to your best kept secrets at a pre-release Booksigning event with national bestselling author Patti Callahan Henry celebrating her fifth novel THE ART OF KEEPING SECRETS 7-9 PM
LOCATION OF PARTY: Festivity at the Forum 5145 Peachtree Parkway Norcross, GA 30092 Books available for sale and signing
Proceeds to benefit children's scholarships for writing classes at the Center for Southern Literature at the Margaret Mitchell House • First 50 guests will receive gift bags (Shhhhhhhhh...) • Door prizes, including a beach bag full of secret delights • Nibbles and Sips • A shared journal of our favorite secrets Sponsored by Festivity, Margaret Mitchell House Center for Southern Literature, Barefoot Wines, Skirt Magazine, Little Cake Bakery RSVP to RSVP@mrpratl.com by May 30
• June 4, 2008 Reading/Signing/Discussion Bay Street Trading Co. 808 Bay Street Beaufort, SC 29902 1-3 PM
Barnes and Noble 7804 Abercorn Extension Savannah, GA 31406 7 PM
• June 5, 2008 Barnes and Noble 1716 Towne Centre Way Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464 7 PM
• June 6, 2008 Litchfield Books 14427 Ocean Hwy Unit G, Litchfield Landing Pawley's Island, SC 29585 www.litchfield.indiebound.org 11 AM - Lunch 1:30 PM - Signing
• June 7, 2008 Borders 4745 Ashford-Dunwoody Road Dunwoody, GA 30338 2 PM
• June 9, 2008 Vero Beach Book Center 2145 Indian River Blvd. Vero Beach, FL 32960 7 PM
• June 10, 2008 By the Book 101 Palm Harbour Parkway Palm Coast, FL 32137 4-8 PM - Dinner with customers
• June 11, 2008 Reading/Signing/Discussion The Bookmark 299 Atlantic Blvd. Atlantic Beach, FL 32233 4 PM
• June 12, 2008 Page and Palette 32 S. Section Fairhope, AL 36532 6 PM
• June 13, 2008 Reading/Signing/Discussion The Mall at Green Hills 2121 Green Hills Village Drive Suite 281 Davis Kidd Booksellers Inc. Nashville, TN 37215 7 PM
• June 14, 2008 Reading/Signing/Discussion Park Road Books 4139 Park Road Park Road Shopping Center Charlotte, NC 28209 www.parkroadbooks.com 1 PM
• June 16, 2008 Ocean County Library 710 McLean Ave. Point Pleasant Beach, NJ 08742 7 PM
• June 17, 2008 Browseabout Books 133 Rehoboth Avenue Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971 6 PM
As a subscriber to Patti Callahan Henry's newsletter you already are entered in a random drawing to win one of five copies of THE ART OF KEEPING SECRETS. Winners will be contacted via email if they have won.
Please note that subscribers who sign up for Patti Callahan Henry's newsletter by June 30th are eligible. May we suggest that you forward this newsletter to a friend who is a Patti Callahan Henry fan?